Here are some reasons why you should participate in this competition:
1) to describe your own experience in this still little-known country. Who knows Kazakhstan better than you? Your story will be a precious help and inspiration for all the people who would like or need to know something more about this country.
2) to share what you know with the wider world. If you are a writer, or want to be a writer, it will provide you with printed proof that you can write well. Being in the collection will give you visibility. All the tales will be evaluated by a prestigious and authoritative judging panel.
3) to be part of an anthology on Kazakhstan called “…………” that will be published in 2012, the year in which they say the world is about to change forever. Your story and this collection, will be part of the change.
4) to give your support to a charity project . Part of the profits made from the publication will be donated to “Il Villaggio dell’Arca” no profit organization working in Almaty and helping kazakh orphans children.
5) for the simple pleasure of writing
6) to enjoy yourself as you indulge in the craft of writing and we really know how time can be long during the Kazakh winter…
7) to smile when you’ll read it in a few years
There’s a wonderful quote from the movie “The Spanish apartment” which says:
Later we’ll have lived in this city. We’ll have walked in its streets. We’ll have been to the end of the perspectives. We’ll have seen all the buildings. We’ll have lived stories with people. When we’ll have lived in this city, we’ll have taken this street a lot of times. After a moment, everything belongs to you because you’ve lived there. After, long after, when we are back in your home country every hard time has become an extraordinary adventure. There is always this stupid stuff of the worst days of a journey. The most missed experiences are those that we talk about most.
So…. Happy writing!!!